Sunday April 7, 2024
SUNDAY APRIL 7, 2024
Quiet day in Avignon. We walked to town to pick up a few things. Back to our house reading, writing. Organizing our things to get ready to leave. 😢
We read, napped and worked on doing nothing for our last few days in Avignon. We have dinner plans tonight at Coin Cache. Translated it mean Hidden Corner. We have been trying to get a reservation there for a few weeks. Our timing didn’t work with theirs. Mike, Lisa, and Julie said it was a favorite of theirs. Finally the stars aligned and tonight is the night. It’s a balmy night, warm with a hint of dampness. The walk was an easy one. Jeff who usually has a map in his hands said ok you find the way to the restaurant. I knew it was behind L’Epicerie, which I easily knew my way. Steve who for all his wonderful and many talents has no sense of direction. When we got to L’Epicerie I said we go left. He said no it’s right. It reminded me of when my Long Island boy was transplanted to NJ after we got married. I had to give him directions by way of Sears, his favorite hardware/tool store. L’Epicerie was his Sears! I went left. He went right. He was in front of Coin Cache when I got there! Truth be told, I did run 1 block!
Well, Coin Cache was a wonderful restaurant. It’s worth the wait. The waitress was very sweet and thankfully she spoke English very well. The menu had something for all of us!
We were all given a Chef’s Surprise of Beet root, beets and eel.
Susie had a vegetarian dish of all spring vegetables.
I had chicken that was tender, moist, and delicious..
Steve had sardines.
Jeff had razor clams as a starter.
They both had roasted fish.
It was beautifully presented as you can see. I asked our server if the chef was the owner of the restaurant. She said yes. I asked if she was too. She said, “No, I am the girlfriend.” They were a cute young couple. If you are ever in Avignon…this is a must try restaurant.
One thing we noticed in all our time in France, there is no such thing as a doggie bag for your unfinished meal. Someone said it would be an insult to the chef if you brought their food home to a dog. Maybe???
Off to bed 2 more wake ups!
Bonne Nuit💤💤💤💕💕








Comments
Post a Comment