Sunday
Steve and Jeff went for coffee at Luna’s. We were having a quiet morning. I thought I haven’t slept this late since we got here. It was 9:15. We decided to go for a ride to San Vito. We had been there our first week on the Tuk Tuk tour. Today was a beautiful sunny, warm day. We almost didn’t recognize San Vito as the same place. It was bustling with people and there were restaurants open. People were laying out in the sun on the beach. Lots of people watching going on. Susie says you can tell the locals in 2 ways. 1. They are beautifully dressed in very attractive looking coats, shoes, and boots. 2. They are still dressed for winter.
We even got a glimpse of the Contessa who lives on the top floor of the abbey. It’s so nice of her to share her treasure with the people of Polignano a Mare.
We ordered a cocktail: 2 Lemoncello Spritzers and 2 beers for a cost of 10 Euro! We sat outside to enjoy the views. All of a sudden all these antique cars drove up and we were in the middle of a car show! It was tailor made for Steve. Timing is everything! Needless to say, he loved it!
There was even the first car we bought when we were first married, a 1967 MGB. (Fill the oil check the gas.)
Back to our house for lunch, rooftop reading, and relaxing. The streets in town are getting crowded. People are walking up and down our street. We could hear cheering from the rooftop. Jeff and Steve walked over to the soccer field to watch the soccer (football) game. Soccer is huge here in Italy. It was a league game. Polignano a Mare verses a team outside of Trani, which is North of Bari. It was a very close game with Polignano a Mare losing 2-1.
We decided to have pizza for dinner. We walked over to get the pizza. While Susie and I were inside the pizzeria, I heard Steve outside talking to someone. I wondered, who does he know who isn’t one of us. There he was talking to Massimo and Vittoria! They were back in town visiting friends. We are really becoming locals. Small world!
Pizza, 5 Crowns (I HATE THIS GAME), off to bed!
Buonanotte



















Comments
Post a Comment