Saturday

 Nice leisurely morning. Susie and Jeff walked up to the market for some limoncello and Prosecco. We have a 1:00 reservation at Il Cortillo a restaurant near Fasano in a town called Speciale that Glenn said was not to be missed. We passed beautiful olive trees and farmlands.





It was quite an experience. Il Cortillo translates to courtyard.We were warned to not be put off by the front door entrance. 

It was beautiful inside. The food was delicious. We started with the special antipasto which was a little of every appetizer. Each one was better than the next one. Jeff had horse. Steve had some too. They said it was tender and if they didn’t know better they thought it tasted like filet mignon! I had a pork shank that was like an osso buco. Really good! Steve and Susie had orecchiette. It came with a large crock of braciole and meatballs. 
















We came home along the coastline and it was crowded with people out enjoying the beautiful weather and day. It is in the high 60s°.



We came home for reposso. We have been trying to go to a recommended place for dinner called Antica Trattoria Comes. Every time we pass by it’s been closed. We thought something was wrong since it’s a mother-son place. Only to find that they open at 8:15. It’s a little later than we were going. All was well. So we had a reservation for 8:15. My first red flag was when we ordered a seafood salad. It was cut up octopus and calamari. I took a bite of the octopus, it was warm and chewy. I could feel the suction cups across my cheeks. I couldn’t bring myself to swallow it. In all the restaurants they give you bread in either a small white bag or a brown bag. I ripped off a piece of the bag and spit it right out. Next our entree came. Well, it was the first time that I ordered something that I couldn’t bring myself to eat.Maybe it was the trama of the octopus appetizer. It was Fritti Del Mar. fried calamari, shrimp, and cod. Jeff had  ordered something similar last week and it was great. When it came, the cod was looking at me!


 

Luckily Steve switched his ravioli with mushrooms.








                         It certainly was an experience.


                                        Buonanotte 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

England, Scotland, and Wales June 10-25-26

June 12, 2026

June 13, 2026