It’s finally here!
Our flights were excellent. Salvatore checked our bags at JFK straight through to Bari. Our layover was in Munich. We arrived in Bari at 11:30 right on time. Our driver Gianvanni picked us up with plenty of room for our luggage.
I called Enza our host and she said she was ready for us. My biggest fear was that this Air B& B was a scam. I have booked on it before, but never for so long. Our Palazzo Penelope was real! Another worry that I had was that I was that Steve would have to duck in some parts of the house. No problem, the ceilings are very high.
Our 1st days’s lunch was at Pescaria. It’s open all day into the night. The salmon and tuna sandwiches were so fresh and the bread was awesome! We had a delicious dinner right in the neighborhood at La Laconda Porta Pica. The staff was so nice and helpful as we struggled to communicate with our broken Italian. We tried to stay awake until 10:00. Then off to bed! Awaiting tomorrow’s adventure.






Comments
Post a Comment